LIGHTWEIGHT AND DUCTILE TECTONIC
Sunday, NOVEMBER 20, 2016
Material strength test, mock up, construction
Monday, NOVEMBER 21, 2016
Copper Wire Structure
Translucent structure which works as a filter and safety net to prevent injury in the event of a structural collapse
Materially Nonlinear Analysis for Wire Tectonic
● Because of the pliable nature of the copper wire, the mechanics and geometry can be rearranged
● Should a life-size structure break, an individual inside would not be affected or harmed
● The semi-structure blends into the natural environment like a filter, where it can grow spontaneously
Copper wire 3mm diameter, 2000m long
Film, Fabric or Paper which is unique in Paris
Dimensions of installation
Target : 12m long×5m wide×4m high
Morphogenetic Algorithm using Energy absorption diagram due to seismic vibration
- Morphogenetic manipulation of dynamics and environmental matters
- Geometrical manipulation algorithm
- Spectrum analysis for filtering environment
- Buckling phenomenon, plastic state of material
- Tree house
The 1/f fluctuation of 1D spectrum makes musics or visual patterns to be comfortable and natural.
Using 2D Fourier Transform for 2D image results in a spectrum diagram shown above.
Finally we can notice some categories of spectra, for example,
Natural / Artificial / Comfortable / Color oriented preference
Color preference will be analyzed by spectra of such as RGB, CYM, HSV.
Overlapping Glass Structure shows a spectrum similar to Komorebi scene.
Kigumi structure can be described that it has naturalness between Komorebi and Pampas Grass scene.